Intel’s ‘Frost Canyon’ NUC Revealed: SFF PC w/ Comet Lakeby Anton Shilov on November 15, 2019 4:00 PM EST
Intel Thailand this week inadvertently disclosed the company’s plans to release its next-generation NUC small form-factor PCs based on Comet Lake processors in the near future. Meanwhile, a store from the Netherlands has also inadvertently revealed the NUC's key specifications. As it turns out, Intel’s ‘Frost Canyon’ NUCs will feature processors with up to six cores and will support up to 64 GB of memory.
Intel’s NUC 10 ‘Frost Canyon’ family will include multiple models based on the company’s 10th Generation Core i3/i5/i7 processors with two, four, or six cores as well as UHD Graphics, according to MyElectronics.nl, an online retailer. The CPUs will feature a configurable TDP-up of 25 W, so they will work at higher clocks all the time, thus providing decent levels of performance that one comes to expect from a desktop PC. The systems will feature two SO-DIMM slots that will support 32 GB DDR4 modules (allowing 64 GB in total), a first for Intel’s NUCs.
The new NUCs will be available in slim and regular versions, which offer M.2-only storage and M.2 + 2.5-inch SATA storage respectively. As for connectivity, the systems will have Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.2 Gen 2, GbE, HDMI, and the usual audio connectors. One of the interesting features supported by the upcoming Frost Canyon NUCs will be integrated far-field microphones that support Amazon’s Alexa and Microsoft’s Cortana assistants.
Exact launch date of Intel’s NUC 10 systems in unknown, but expect the new SFF PCs to hit the market in time for the holiday season. As for pricing, we can only make guesses.
- Intel Launches Comet Lake-U and Comet Lake-Y: Up To 6 Cores for Thin & Light Laptops
- Intel Launches Low-End Comet Lake CPUs: Pentium Gold 6405U & Celeron 5205U
- Intel's Bean Canyon (NUC8i7BEH) Coffee Lake NUC Review - Ticking the Right Boxes
- Intel NUC8i7HVK (Hades Canyon) Gaming Performance - A Second Look
- Intel’s Crimson Canyon NUCs with Cannon Lake CPU & Radeon dGPU Available for Pre-Order
- Intel’s Islay Canyon Mini NUCs Available: Whiskey Lake, Radeon 540X, 8GB LPDDR3